Monday, February 28, 2011

Uni & Iso

2-27-11
-20 neutral grip pull-ups
-single arm cheat curl, push press (10 min's, 55lbs db)
-kneeling roll-out to standing concentric (2x10)

Same deal with the cheat curl push press: one db, no letting go for 10 minutes of unilateral fun. This is a grip intensive exercise. It works the core stabilizers and the ticker as well. With the roll-outs, I start out kneeling, at full extension pop the knees and return to standing. I get to work the concentric even though I don't quite have the core strength for the eccentric phase.

2-28-11
-50 burpees (3'06)
-Handstand holds (3 holds=2 min)
-pistols (2x10 bw, 2x10+10lbs)

I noticed a big improvement in the burpees (-20 seconds), after I took quick breathers at the 25th and 40th reps. Handstand holds, haven't done these in a while. The back protested with not so mild cramping. Paging Drs. Roller and Lacrosseballs.

5,905/[238]

No comments:

Post a Comment