Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day weekend of sloth

I didn't record a workout over the weekend, as the training was mostly pull-ups and chin-ups, some max rep and some weighted, and a few weighted bent arm hangs. There was a little more structure to yesterday's workout.

2-21-11
-2x4x10 single arm cheat curl to push press
-2x10 kneeling to standing ab-roll-outs
-2x10 single leg squats (aka pistols)*

The cheat curl to push press felt a little bit like interval training. I'd swing the dumbbell up to the rack position and press for each rep until 10 reps were completed, switch to the other side, do the same, then rest. Repeat.

Yesterday was the first time I ever got the pistol. Having done them, I think traditional heavy squatting is much harder than a body weight, single leg squat. The trick, which eluded me until yesterday, is keeping your center of gravity forward. By grabbing the toes of my outstretched, non-squatting leg, I was able to keep my balance, go all the way down and stand right back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment