Wednesday, March 2, 2011

back is back

I thought I'd peek under the bandages, so to speak, to see if my back had recovered. I grabbed two 55 lbs. db's and got crazy.

3-2-11
-db squat cleans (3x10, 2x55lbs db's)
-kneeling to standing ab-roll-outs (2x10)
-20 neutral grip pull-ups

For the first set, I thought I'd try to do a 10 minute set, pausing for three breaths between each rep. At the 5 rep mark, I knew my plan was bat-shit crazy. I made it to 10 reps in 2'53 and decided 3x10's would be better, as long as I kept the three breaths between reps. The second set had me taking three quick breaths-it was agony trying to prolong the second set. I finished it in 1'33. For the last set, I dumped the three breaths per and just knocked out 10 reps as fast as I could.

It appears that my back is back, at least when it comes to bearing weight at the shoulders. The next test is pressing two db's overhead. For now, enjoy

2 comments: