Monday, March 7, 2011

Single-arm db clean and press

Let's be clear, what I'm talking about is a single-arm, db clean and push-press. Why the clarification? Because such specificity is so unwieldy. The P in C&P, for me is always a push press. I'm more interested in explosive movement than brute strength. In my mind, it's about efficiency, like adding a turbocharger to your car's engine instead of more cubic inches to the cylinders. As it translates to the fight game, it reinforces the coordination required to throw powerful strikes.

3-6-11
-single-arm db clean and press (5x5, 60 lbs)

Is it necessary to mention that single arm exercises are repeated so that both sides perform the same amount of work?

I think 60 lbs. is the limit I can safely work with. Frankly, stabilizing 2, 60's overhead worries me. A barbell is a different story. Anyway, I'll be parking it here for a while as I build strength and confidence. This workout took more than the usual 10 minutes.

3-7-11
-100 burpees+50 pull-ups (9'42)

My split was a little slower than before (4'38 vs 4'10), but my time for the hundred improved by 16 seconds. I think I can shave a couple more seconds more by not stumbling around after each set of pull-ups, in other words more efficient transitions.
6,055/[238]

2 comments: