Thursday, March 24, 2011

You Look Maavelous

After just two days, my double weave Fuji judo gi arrived from Judogis.com. Russ, the proprietor, helped me make the selection. I'm 5'9" and 160, the dogi is a Fuji size 4. I threw the jacket in the washing machine with hot water and then into the drier. The fit is just about right. One hot wash and this dogi looks maavelous.

A double weave judo gi is not an article of clothing. It's an engineered piece of training equipment. All the seams are heavily reinforced. Stress points have a second layer of fabric. Grabbing the lapel feels like filling your hand with a steam-ship's bow-line. It wears like a suit of armor. A heavy weight karate dogi is as delicate as a dress shirt in comparison.

3-21-11
-db snatches (65 lbs, 40,8'57)
-weighted chin-ups (70 lbs, 6x5)

3-22-11
-100 burpees and 50 pull-ups (9'16"44)

3-23-11
-db c & push press (65 lbs, 3x6, 12'47)

So I'm working with a heavier db (65 lbs). Snatching is much easier than cleaning and push pressing this weight at the moment. Looks like 65 will be the default number for a while. The 100 burpee time with pull-ups improved markedly. I wasn't expecting that.

6,205/[238]

2 comments: