Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Squat & Sprint: food for thought

I read yet another interesting article on T-Nation (click title) on the topic of mass and strength. It cites the example of Ben Johnson, pre-doping scandal, where one of his workouts comprised heavy squats followed immediately by sprints. The performance gains, as related by the article are impressive. It got me thinking.

I won't be squatting anytime soon. I'll know more about the condition of my knee after visiting with the doc. The pull-up project might benefit from this protocol: eg. weighted pull-ups followed by unweighted. Heck, why not everything else, presses, roll-outs, and eventually squats?

8-17-11
Dr.'s visit

8-16-11
-20 bw pull-ups
-weighted pull-ups (10x1, 90 lbs)
-20 bw pull-ups
-open grip (three fingers), supported hang, 1 min
-push-press (3x10, 50); OHP (3x10,30)

8-14-11
-200 kb swings


---------------------
PUP:
150 bw
43 weighted (24 kgs)
10 weighted (40.8 kgs)

No comments:

Post a Comment