Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Pull-Up project

Click on the title for a link to a T-Nation article that has got me excited about a pull-up project. The seed of this project was planted long ago, but germinated yesterday when I sprained my knee (I'm thinking partially torn MCL). My Sambo partner had me in an ankle lock. He went one way, I went the other, POP! Anyway, I won't be able to do much with my legs, so how to continue training? The answer results from a convergence of many things: Rock Rings; guilt over failed 100x100 burpee challenge; bum wrist; OACU; now lame knee. Since I've got to give my knee a rest, and it feels like my wrist responds well to pulling rather than pushing, I'm going to pull everyday, or near as I can manage, count the reps, and note any changes.

8-10-11
-40 RR pull-ups
-weighted pull-ups with offset negatives (5x4, 24 kgs)

PUP:
40 bw
20 24kgs

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mike.:-) Got an appointment with the doc for the knee and the wrist next week. Hopefully no cutting involved in the cure.

    ReplyDelete