Saturday, August 6, 2011

getting to know the rock rings

I've found my Rock Rings to be a good purchase. The top part of the rings feel molded to my hand which makes it comfortable for ring dips. Instead of lashing straps or webbing, I use a 3/8's inch diameter section of rope to hang the rings from my pull-up bar, a doorway type. You don't even need carabiners, just two round turns and two half-hitches to secure the ends of the rope to the loops on the rings. The doorway pull-up bar surprises me by its sturdiness. Thus far it has coped with a static load of 250 lbs, me and 90 lbs on a dip belt. Someday, I hope to test the Rock Rings in a similar manner (actually a test of my wrist).

8-6-11
-200 kb swings
-5x5x5 count Rock Ring dips
-5x5 Rock Ring knees to elbows
-Rock Ring tuck planche

My left wrist prevents me from using anything other than a crimp grip while hanging from the rings. Bummer 'cause I was keen on using the rings for more open-hand grips. The knees to elbows and the tuck planche are a bit harder from the rings than just the bar.

8-5-11
-100 kb swings
-db push press 2x5x5x50 lbs

I dropped the weight from R80 lbs and L 65 pounds down to 50 lbs on the db so as relieve the stress on my back. This time, I'll increase the weight more conservatively to avoid re-injury.

8-4-11
-100 kb swings
-2x10 kneeling to standing roll-outs

No comments:

Post a Comment