Wednesday, September 1, 2010

that which can be measured can be improved

To help keep track of my progress, my brother in law (BIL) gave me a blood pressure monitor over the weekend. I gave my old one to my dad a while ago, and have been training without an instrument to measure my heart health. I have been making do with an indirect method, the no-mas-ometer, but something more precise was called for. BIL to the rescue.

So what's it say? The Omron digital blood pressure monitor reads 117/68 and a resting heart rate of 56 bpm. Considering my workouts are 15 minutes or less, I'm somewhat satisfied. I'd like to get my resting heart rate much lower and will be tinkering with different exercises and intensity levels to see how much I can get out of the kitchen timer concept.

Tues:
-5 min burpee test (56)
-10 minute db c&p (84)

Wed:
-10 min, 50 kg db split squat (70)
-5 min db test (50)

After a lazy but enjoyable three day weekend these workouts were challenging. The no-mas-ometer averaged 3.3 for the two days.

3,116

No comments:

Post a Comment