Saturday, September 11, 2010

the first circle of bell

is reserved for the unmotivated. Today's workout is a repeat of the killer workouts from bell, only nastier. Why the the extra bit of nastiness? Call it penance for two days of rest.

It went like this:
-5 minute burpee test (60)
-10 minutes of 2x25 kg db push press (70)
-10 minutes kb squats (106)

The first 15 minutes were not so bad. Sure it's a bit of a struggle to get through the burpees, but that's nothing new. The push presses weren't so bad either. I used my interval timer set to 30 secs work and rest periods and got to 70 reps still feeling a little fresh. It was at this point that I decided to turn up the heat: ten minutes of kb squats.

I don't know what I was whining about before. What did I do that first time? 80 kb squats? Pft.

After this work out, I didn't want just a glass of water. I wanted something to fill my empty tank. I needed the devil's brew- almond milk, hemp protein powder, chocolate syrup, a dash of chili pepper, and crushed ice. That hit the spot.

The no-mas-ometer read 3.8.

108/68/56

3,294

3 comments: