Monday, September 13, 2010

she's got a nice personality

Some of you may have heard of Fran, one of Crossfit's most notorious "girls." I'll bet a couple know her personally. Frankly, much as I lust after Fran, she's out of my league. I just don't have the goods: barbell; sturdy pull-up bar; not to mention quads, hammies, erector spinae, rectus abdominus, etc. Fortunately I know a girl just my speed. She looks exactly like Fran, from a certain angle and if the lighting is just so. More importantly, my 2x25 kg dumbbells and doorway pull-up bar (which won't accommodate kipping pull-ups) don't elicit a raised eyebrow of disdain. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Hilde, a nice girl.

Hilde:
-5 minute burpee test (60)
-21-15-9 reps of thrusters and pull-ups (12'42"48)

What can I say? This was a feeble attempt. Thrusters are not my forte. I had to break it up into sets of 5, with lots of heavy breathing. All smoke and no fire, as it were. Same with the pull-ups, but I got those out of the way pretty quickly, even without kipping. With a time of 12'42", it looks like Hilde and I are destined for a long relationship. I bet she'll even give me pointers on Fran, she's that nice.

No mas-ometer says 3.9.

3,354

3 comments: