Tuesday, September 7, 2010

to rest or not to rest

The Labor Day weekend was nothing but rest. I just couldn't muster the energy to workout. There's no doubt that the split-squat routine and the workout from bell contributed to the soreness which made the idea of training unappealing. But, I also decided to make it a caffeine free weekend. This, the lack of java mojo goodness, I suspect partly explains why I wanted to lay in a bean-bag chair all weekend. The readings on my blood pressure monitor reveal my general state of relaxation over the past three days: 112/63/58; 113/60/52; 114/58/55. And here's a reading taken today, after some coffee and a workout: 111/59/80.

Today's workout comprised:
-5 min burpee test (60)
-10 minute, single-arm db c&p (94)

I've hit a wall with the burpees. The db c&p, otoh, still has plenty of room for improvement.

3,176

No comments:

Post a Comment