Friday, September 3, 2010

hurts like 'bell'

This workout comes direct to you from the depths of bell. What you do is grasp a kettlebell and squat for 10 minutes. During that time you may not release the kb at all. That baby is yours-mine is 24 kgs-for the duration. It presses down on you. It saps your strength. It bleeds your will.

For the first thirty reps I was going up and down like clock work-squat, exhale, stand, inhale. Then fatigue threw a wrench in the works-squat, exhale, gasp, sputter, curse, stand, gasp, gasp, cough. By the fiftieth rep I shut my eyes to keep the sweat, flowing in rivulets, from searing my peepers. Now I'm squatting in the dark. WTF!

I stopped at 93 reps, looked at the timer registering zero, and for a moment panicked. Did I set it for 10 seconds? Did it go off minutes before and I missed the alarm? What? And then it beeped letting me know I did complete the exercise.

117/68/54

3 comments: