Monday, November 15, 2010

Take 2 lacrosse balls and call me in the morning

I've got a growing collection of pain relief gadgets to which I've added 2 lacrosse balls and a sock. A sock is an excellent self-massage tool for your back, but only if you drop two lacrosse balls into it and tie off the loose end.

In the balls in sock configuration, you can roll out any tightness from your hips all the way up to your shoulders. The foam roller can also do this, but it is a blunt tool in comparison. Remove one lacrosse ball from the sock, place it on the floor and roll your abdomen on it. Boom, instant pain relief if you've over-done direct ab work like me. With the one lacrosse ball remaining in the sock you've got an improvised medieval weapon/self-flagellation device. Of all my pain relief gadgets accumulated thus far, only the lacrosse balls in a sock get mrs. meguro's back pain relief seal of approval. (She was never a fan of the foam roller.)

11/14/10
-Got cojones (6'58)
random business ungluing

11/15/10
-VB50 (3'20)
-50 knuckle push-ups

The got cojones workout (3x15 db HPC & burpees) isn't getting any easier. It was a little better, but not by much, than the last time. It's still not where I want it to be. However, the effort seems to be paying off. Between gc, Frankenstein, and other routines I am bringing my 50 burpee time down, without focusing on VB50 exclusively. Oh joy.

4,510/[68]

No comments:

Post a Comment