Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blah di blah blah.

Let's see, Sunday I did 30 hang-power-cleans to push-press for time. I got the idea from CrossFit, only their version employed cleans. They caught the bar down low on the clean and then dropped the weight after the jerk. I like that it works the grip, along with the traps as well as the muscle groups involved in getting weight overhead. This was a short bit of work and only took 3'38.

On Monday, I did the "got cojones" routine again. A little slippage here, 6'48. I think it's because I skipped a meal. Yeah that's it. I blame hypoglycemia.

Tuesday, 2x15 dips and pull-ups w/Fe (6,7). Woohoo, 7.

Random business ungluing

Wednesday, the bear, 45 C&P's. I expected misery. Yesterday, I actually made a Fran attempt but stalled at 11 thrusters. Didn't even record it I was so disgusted. This experience confirms that I need more low end power, hence the bear. The weights started on the ground, no hang-power nuthin', with a deep catch in between. I broke this up into three wheezy sets that took about five minutes per set, with plenty of rest between sets. Operator error prevented me from determining the exact time, but the last set took well over 5 minutes. Argh!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was conducting an experiment with Wednesday's workout. I wanted to see what effect, if any, background music had on my energy level. I set my music system to play easy listening type music: Melody Gardot; Nora Jones; Frank Sinatra, Julie London; Astrud Gilberto; Billie Holiday. You get the idea. Next time I'll try the same workout with everything Rammstein, then classical, and so on.
4,302


2 comments: