Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a few of my favorite things

This past weekend I watched my friend, FredinChina, a guy my age, fight multiple 1 minute non-stop matches against guys half is age and younger. He knocked quite a few down, and held his ground, which is impressive because the fighting style is knockdown karate, ie. no pulled punches or kicks. The experience got me thinking about strength endurance. Yesterday, I did the Fredinator. Today, I introduce the Sound of Wheezing:

-10 burpees
-4 kneeling to standing ab-wheel roll-outs
-4 pull-ups w/24kg kb
x10

The kneeling to standing ab-wheel roll outs start from the kneeling position. Once you hit full extension, you straighten the legs and return to the standing position. The rest should require no further explanation.

The Sound of Wheezing is less intense than the Fredinator, which is a good thing. I definitely tweaked something yesterday which will require the attention of the lacrosse balls. SOW took me 23'05 challenging but not painful minutes.

The no-mas-ometer reads 3.5.

4,721/[134]

3 comments:

  1. Nah. It's not so bad. You pace yourself so even the burpees don't bite.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely be wheezing after that one... Great job meguro!

    ReplyDelete