Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dr. Frankenstein I presume

I've been dreaming about this workout for two days, ever since the idea started an itch in my brain. It's a chimera; a hodgepodge of brutal exercises. Any one of these exercises would give you a nightmare, together it is a Frankenstein monster.

You've got the squat thrust, jump and push-up of the burpee, a shrug and weighted jump courtesy of a db clean, a squat and push press from the thruster, and cardiovascular meltdown from the Tabata protocol style interval work scheme. If I carried this beyond 10 minutes you might include the drama of a visit from emergency services.

This is how you put the monster together. Take two dumbbells (together mine equal .675 bodyweight), push-up from the db's, clean, stand and push press, return db's to floor, thrust legs out to push-up position, count 1st rep, repeat ad nauseum ( literally). Nausea hit at approximately 10 minutes.

My background music was Rammstein, interspersed with Linkin Park, Evanescence, P.O.D and the like.

No-mas-ometer reads 3.8.

4,324/[22]*##

*Frankensteins will count toward total burpees and will also be tallied in brackets
## I lost count. It was either 22 or 27 reps of these monsters.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. Only because a few weeks ago or so I was doing a set of Santana Push Ups and thought of adding my hex dumb bells from that into a burpee routine. We are nutz! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great/sick minds think alike!:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankensteins - I like it buddy!

    ReplyDelete