Friday, August 20, 2010

the scenic route

I ran along the river today at a pace with which you could hold a conversation. My youngest daughter came along riding her scooter and we chatted along the way. She pointed out a runner that needed to increase her caloric intake, a little girl who could reduce hers, and a shirtless runner who could use a shirt. She asked about our destination; if we were there yet; what we would do once we got there.

My daughter called it a playground and I conceded that our destination did look like a playground. The equipment consisted of parallel bars, high bars, rings and a decline-bench for sit-ups and leg-raises. I kept to the high-bars for some front levers and ice-cream makers, leaving the rest to several younger fellows sporting do rags. As I worked the high-bar (front levers (3x3), ice-cream makers (3x7)), my daughter noticed the same under-fed runner burning up the nearby track. I thought, sometimes it's better not to "just do it" and sit down for a sandwich instead.

On the run back we watched some sea-planes landing and taking off and wondered if the fishermen on the riverbank would eat their catch.

The no-mas-ometer barely registered a 2.0 but it was nice to be out with my little girl.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great time indeed Meguro. You are a lucky man. Osu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So funny!.

    "sometimes it's better not to "just do it" and sit down for a sandwich instead."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,Patty. Moderation in all things. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fantastic training session meguro! Great to exercise and be with your kids all at the same time :-)

    ReplyDelete