Wednesday, August 11, 2010

grrier

I did this workout a few days ago. I think I miscounted the sets last time, because this iteration was nastier than I remembered it could be. Anyway, I warmed up with a 5 min burpee test: 61 reps. Creeping up there.

So, set the kitchen timer for 10 minute and do 3 weighted pull-ups (24 kgs)/3 db front squats (60 kgs) until time runs out. Time ran out as I was just about to start on the 9th set ( 24 pull-ups and 24 squats). Previously, I think I was just starting the last half of the 8th set, the squats, when the timer buzzed.

The no-mas-ometer reads 3.7 due to the copious amounts of sweat and uncontrolled breathing and heart rate.

Yesterday, I said I was going to do ice cream makers while preparing dinner. I did 3 or 4 sets (3 slow reps) while I had a one-pot chicken dish (chicken, onions, haricot verts) simmering on the stove. Tonight I'm thinking HSPU's and handstands. The menu has not been decided. Throughout the day, starting yesterday, I'll be doing random 15 rep sets of 10 lbs. plate curls.

2,887

3 comments:

  1. Who warms up with 61 burpees??!! Dang!!! Nice workout buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Thanks Sandman. I'm trying to be good and not miss a daily dose of VB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always gotta take your vitamins - they might taste a little nasty at the time, but they sure are good for you!

    ReplyDelete