Tuesday, May 24, 2011

recovery

Let's see, yesterday was the 200 burpee-fest and Sambo. Time to pay the piper. My lower back is tight, left quad is sore, scalenes are sore, same with the traps, left triceps, infraspinatus and rhomboids. I could continue with the 100 burpee day plan, if I want to see my pee turn the color of tea. Better to avoid rhabdo, rehydrate and rest. Also, I'm breaking out the Stick, to loosen up the quads and the trusty lacrosse balls and Indo board cylinder which I use for rolling out the back muscles. I'm using my fingertips to tack and stretch the scalenes.

I'm not suffering from Ibuprofen strength pain. I don't medicate for muscle pain anyway. It's just that I don't think training through this soreness is productive. I'm already losing weight due to the burpee challenge. I don't want to have any injuries from neglecting to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment