Monday, May 30, 2011

ballet

So Saturday evening the whole family went out to see Amercan Ballet Theatre's production of Giselle. We are not balletomanes, even though we saw the opening gala the week before, but we did enjoy the performance, mostly. My youngest would have preferred to play games on her iTouch, oh well, perhaps when she's older.

What I found fascinating was the athleticism of the dancers, especially when they jump, or should I say sautè. As you may know, I've been trying to keep to a 100x100 burpee challenge. There's nothing graceful about my jumping. In the high reps, they should not even be called jumps-more like hops. These dancers were catching major air, huge leaps, like springbok evading a lion. They did it all gracefully and without the chest heaving and wheezing that usually accompanies my burpees.

5-28-11
-24 bw pull-ups
-10x10 burpees
I tested the pull-ups and came up short. I guess I was a little tired from the day prior.


5-29-11
-10x(10 burpees + 2x5x5 single arm c&p)

With this, I used a single 65 lbs db and alternated arms after every set of burpees. My left wrist is still wobbly, making the press a little sketchy at the top.

8,915/[238]

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I have a friend that does ballet and she can jump! I have been trying to get her into Enshin but no go.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine ballet folks have the makings of great kickers. Punching? I don't know.:-D

    ReplyDelete