Friday, April 15, 2011

Git some!

Last night after Judo class, I wandered into the weight room of the Y. It had been years since I've been in a weight room-gave up gym memberships when the kids were born-so I was curious to see what I'd been missing. Barbells, squat racks, Olympic plates, yee-ha! So I step into the squat rack and prepare to do some squatting, when I hear the loud sounds of a guy psyching himself up, "C'mon, git some! 10 more! Woo-hoo!" It sounded like somebody lifting very heavy weight. My brain could not process what my ears were hearing and my eyes were seeing. The dude was doing push-ups, but you'd think he had 900 lbs on a bar. As Ronnie Coleman would say, "Ain't nuthin but a peanut."

4-14-11
-back squat (145lbs, 20)*
-bw dips (3x10, 3x30 secs holds)

Met a new people at Judo
Mark-white belt
Suzie-black belt

*gotta start somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment