Friday, January 28, 2011

Old School Calisthenics

I am discovering that my ability to recover from strenuous, and let's face it, not so strenuous exercise, is not what it used to be. I am inclined to think it's age related, which might also explain why I'm not getting much sleep either. Or. . . maybe the two are tied together (sleep & recovery). Riiight.

1-28-11
-VB50
-jumping jacks (4x100)
-knuckle push-ups (4x25)
-sit-ups (4x25)
-fat-grip shrugs w/heel raise (4x15)
-max close grip chin-ups (21)

I thought about recovery as I was chugging through the burpees. Pretty sure yesterday's reverse lunge burpees are to blame for today's anemic VB50 warm up. The jj's, pu's and su's comprise my re-introduction of old school calisthenics. They weren't too challenging, but maybe just the thing to get the blood flowing. I added some fat-grip shrugs w/heel raises to work the grip, calves and traps. I'll be doing more of these until my back feels better and I can get weight higher than my waist. Finally, I finished with a few reps less than max attempt on the chin-ups. Just trying to stay within my limits and avoid strain.

The no-mas-ometer reads 3.1.
5,305/[238]

No comments:

Post a Comment