Sunday, January 23, 2011

reverse lunge burpees

This workout is rated E for Eccentric. You will recall I mentioned eccentric training a little while back. I came up with an exercise that will light up your hamstrings like a blowtorch. The idea came to me as I was trying out some db deadlift burpees-they just weren't doing it for me. I was doing these in lieu of the Frankensteins, which I miss. Not wanting to strain my back with the db's at my shoulders, I thought, "hey, let's do a reverse lunge to lower the db's and from there go right into the push-up." Thus was born the reverse lunge burpee. Start with a db dead lift, lower db's via reverse lunge, push-up, repeat.

1-23-11
-40 reverse lunge burpees (8'32)

It takes a while to get used to a new movement pattern. Throwing in a reverse lunge in the middle of a burpee qualifies as new. Like all new eccentric movements, this one hurts. There's no delay. It's ROMS, R for rapid. I'm going to prescribe lacrosse balls for the pain .

The no-mas-ometer reads 3.4.

5,215/[238]

3 comments: