Sunday, January 2, 2011

helloooo, anyone there?

It's been quiet here and I apologize for that. It's just that with family over for the holidays, and the house just filled with warm bodies, air mattresses, packages, and a large Douglas fir there was little space and time left over to train much less post about not training.

What I did was shop, wrap presents, cook, eat, drink, watch movies, and walk in a blizzard. This activity did burn some calories, no doubt. I was pretty certain that the calories consumed exceeded the calories expended. There was the osso bucco (actually, ox tail bucco as veal shanks were unavailable), Patsy's pizza, coq au vin, assorted cheeses including the infamous tetilla, Austrian sweets, sushi, Chinese dumplings. It was at least a week of decadent eating. Each dish deserves a blog of its own.

With all that eating and no exercise, I was prepared for an immodest weight gain. Actually, I was looking forward to it. Nothing. I am lousy at bulking. I did notice a dramatic loss in conditioning when I attempted to do 30 minutes of db clean & press burpees on the last day of the year.

12-31-10
-set the kitchen timer for 30 minutes
-db (2x24.7 kg) c&p burpees

I found this work-out grueling. For the first ten reps I incorporated squat cleans (where I caught the db's in a deep stance and stood up with the db's racked). The remaining 55 reps were done utilizing a hang power clean to get the weight up to my shoulders. The no-mas-ometer read 4.1.

1-1-11
-25x4 L-sit pull-ups
-10x10 kneeling roll-outs

This was a low intensity density training day. My intention was volume without pain. No pain, no gain, NOT? We'll see. No-mas-ometer read 2.0

1-2-11
-set kitchen timer for 5 minutes, db (2x24.7 kg) hang cleans w/5 kg backpack (20 reps)
-db frog stands (12x10 secs)

This workout took about 7 minutes. The hang cleans were brutal. I couldn't keep up the pace I had started out with. The frog stands are new and add a bit of isometrics to the workout. The no-mas-ometer reads 3.3


No comments:

Post a Comment