Monday, January 24, 2011

blunt force rolla

Just because I've fallen hard for the lacrosse balls as massage tool, it's not time to throw out the foam roller. First, let me say that the lacrosse balls worked like a treat in preempting a hamstring meltdown from yesterday's reverse lunge burpee extravaganza. They did nothing, however, for my erector spinae which were also hurtin'. I've criticized the foam roller for being a blunt tool, but blunt tool was exactly what I needed to roll out the ropey knots along my spine. Foam roller, I can't quit you.


In other news, Jack LaLanne passes away at 96. I thought of doing a 1000 push-up workout in honor of Jack, but will have to save it for another day. RIP.

2 comments:

  1. I suggest you try the RumbleRoller (rumbleroller.com). It's better than lacrosse balls and a foam roller combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, ron.

    ReplyDelete