Monday, January 3, 2011

another kind of ab-rollin

Had to happen. You just don't do 100 L-sit pull-ups and 100 kneeling roll-outs and expect not to experience even a little DOMS. It doesn't even matter if you space out the sets with long rests (OK, maybe a little). The DOMS is still gonna get you. . . so I'm discovering.

There were time when I worked my abs so intensely that a cough or a sneeze would hurt as much as a switchblade stuck into your pancreas. It doesn't hurt that much. One thing that helps mitigate the pain is that I did space out the sets with long rest periods. The other thing is SMR (self-myofascial release). Did you know you can roll-out sore abdominal muscles? Yes you can. Place your trusty lacrosse ball on the floor, lay your sore belly on top and roll. Collect some minutes ungluing your ab business. I also noticed some soreness in the forearm extensors. Direct pressure with the Knobble on this area brought relief.

1-3-11

-10 minutes of db (2x24.7 kg) squat cleans

I was reading on Ross Training about a 100 rep, 1/2 bodyweight Steve Reeves squat challenge. It turns out some beastly folks can easily do this in less than 10 minutes. Yikes. Well, the load I chose was 3/4 bodyweight and I did squat cleans instead of squats. I also didn't get anywhere near 100 reps in 10 minutes (36). I am toast. The no-mas-ometer reads 3.7.

2 comments:

  1. Zoinks! That's a lot of ab work there meguro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't feel like a lot. Spaced out the sets during a DVD marathon with the wife and kids.:D

    ReplyDelete