Friday, October 15, 2010

Intermittent gorging

You might have noticed I took a few days off from training and posting. Or maybe you didn't. In fact, I was on Paradise Island in the Bahamas from Saturday until Wednesday with my wife and kids and it was great.

We signed up for the breakfast plan, which comprises an all you can eat buffet. Since lunch and dinner were optional, we opted to gorge ourselves at breakfast and scrounge around for the other meals. A typical breakfast for me on the island included bacon (or corned beef hash), eggs, pineapple, juice, muffin, and coffee. Lunch and dinner were usually the same portions as we would have at home. The end result is I am now 4 pounds heavier. Yeeha!

It's not as bad as it might seem. According to my bathroom scale (one of those electronic thingies with bioelectrical impedance sensors), I did not gain a bit of body fat. . . Hmmn. Of course there is always the likely chance of equipment error. But the lazy, wants-something-for-nothing side of me harbors the hope that my regular, albeit short workouts, and usually meager breakfasts (coffee and 2 slices of almond butter toast) have built up a calorie and protein deficit that was only met this past weekend. 4 lean pounds in 4 nights, could it be possible? If so, I'm putting out a DVD called Intermittent Gorging.

I'm waiting for reality to clothesline me. The scale probably needs new batteries.

Anywho. . .
10-14-10
-5 min burpees (54)

10-15-10
-3x (15 hang power cleans and 15 burpees)

Got this straight off the CrossFit main site. The first set was easy. The second set, not surprisingly, had me wishing I started out slower. I got my second wind during the last set. I'd like to do this workout at least once a week. I finished this one in 9'20.

The no-mas-0meter reads 3.7.

4,020

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Meguro! I will have to take my wife there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! How much are you going to charge for the DVD? If I order now, do I get a free bread slicer? Sign me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paradise Island was awesome! But the prices, like a ride down the water slide, can take your breath away.

    The diet DVD, not so awesome. Reality is a harsh playground for dreamers. Would you settle for Weekend at Bernie's and a spork?:-D

    ReplyDelete