Thursday, October 21, 2010

bag o' rocks

I was all set to do another round of Hilde, when I spied my neglected Bulgarian bag gathering dust in the corner. The bag is a truck tire inner tube filled with 40 pounds of pea gravel and tied of like a humungous sausage link with zip ties. This thing is a beast. Swing it around your head and it will take down passers by and low flying aircraft if you lose your grip.

10-21-10
-5 min burpees (52)
-10 min BB around the worlds (130)
-dips w/Fe (15,16)
-pull-ups w/Fe (2x6)
-1 min bent arm N sit

It's been a while, since before Paradise Island, that I did a 5 minute burpee test and it showed. Bleh. The Bulgarian bag atw's smoked my grip. Lucky thing I built safety straps into it as my left hand grip almost betrayed me. I was hoping for 200 revolutions in 10 minutes, but barely eked out 130 in sets of 10.

The no-mas-ometer reads 3.7.

4,117

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I still need to either make a tornado ball or a BB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - nice to see the Bulgarian bag make a comeback :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Bulgarian bag is great for your grip, shoulder mobility and developing core rotational strength. I should do this more often.:-D

    ReplyDelete