Friday, September 9, 2011

goblet squats and my knee

As long as my knee is restricted to just hinging forwards and backwards the MCL tear doesn't seem to balk. A jolt to the side will remind me that things aren't normal, but otherwise, things seem normal.

9-8-11
-200 kb swings

Nothing new here, but it is pleasing to note an absence of pain.

9-9-11
-circular pull-ups (5x10)
-100 goblet squats

OK, so I increased the number of circular pull-ups by 10. If you don't usually feel your lats working when you do regular pull-ups, the circular variety will remind you how integral they are to pulling. I was feeling good at the 50 rep mark, so pushed on until I completed 100 goblet squats with my 24 kgs kettlebell. To perform the goblet squat, grasp the KB by the horns and hold at about chin height. You'll have to brace as well as squeeze the bell to keep it in position. The end result is a nice isometric upper body workout along with your squat. Nifty, huh?

---------------------
Pull-up Project:
510 bw
68 weighted (24 kgs)
25 weighted (25.2 kgs)
30 weighted (40.8 kgs)
40 weighted (42 kgs)

No comments:

Post a Comment