Monday, September 5, 2011

Beyond the MCL tear

Today I tested my injured knee by doing some goblet squats with my 24 kgs kettlebell. I know from the swings that as long as my knees tracked over my feet there would be no pain, and there wasn't. I didn't go ass to grass on the squats, but just below parallel was doable.

9-05-11
-100 kb swings
-50 goblet squats
-2x30 secs kneeling roll-out holds

9-04-11
-200 kb swings
-4x10 circular pull-ups

Circular pull-ups are the next step beyond off-set negatives as they comprise an off-set concentric pull-up with the eccentric off-set negative. Your body essentially traces a circle parallel to the plane of the pull-up bar. I had planned on doing 100 of these, as they were "only" bodyweight, but I underestimated how difficult the off-set concentrics turned out to be.

---------------------
PUP:
460 bw
68 weighted (24 kgs)
25 weighted (25.2 kgs)
30 weighted (40.8 kgs)
20 weighted (42 kgs)

No comments:

Post a Comment