Wednesday, July 27, 2011

gotcha, trigger point

As I mentioned, I've been hobbled by an aching back. The pain radiated from the lower thoracic area down to my hip. All the twisting and stretching didn't help. The rolling on the Indo board cylinder and lacrosse ball, helped just a little. Finally, I resorted to something that'd I'd forgotten about, and it worked. I placed the lacrosse ball between a wall and my back. By standing, I was able to accurately place the ball right on the trigger point. Like waving a magic wand, my back felt great.

Yesterday's sambo class was about leg locks. We worked on toe holds and knee bars. While rolling I was able to get an ankle lock on my partner just before he got me. I also tried to get a guillotine, but failed. Steve showed me how I could have turned my half-baked guillotine into a crucifix submission. That was pretty sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Glad you kicked that back pain in the back side meguro :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, sandman. Feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete