Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back on the scene

So I returned from 2 weeks of vacation in Vienna. Great holiday destination, BTW, lot's of stuff to see all within a few tram, bus or train stops. The beauty of this particular destination was not marred by thoughts of exercise.

7-5-11
-29 pull-ups
-50 burpees (3'39")
-db push press (75lbs, 2x3x5)
-5x(10 burpees + 10 roll-outs)

7-6-11
-2x(10 burpees + 5 pull-ups)
-Sambo class

My lower back and hips have been tight since deplaning, so I didn't feel too committed to complete 100 burpees, plus I had Sambo class later on in the day. In Sambo we worked on a throw which looked like a cross between Judo's kouchi gari and a single leg take-down. Basically you block your opponent's foot with your own and then grab his leg and push him over. After that I did two, two minute rounds of grappling. I was going mostly for chokes but couldn't sink any. I did score a reversal though, which I pulled out in the last seconds. The weighted pull-ups and cleans really pay off when you are fighting on your back.

My pet project this summer is to get my kids conditioned. I offered them a choice of burpees or rowing and they chose rowing. I introduced them to the Concept II model C and Mr. Tabata. Both kids benefitted from having seen me row. Their form needed a little tweeking, but they were up and spinning in no time.

10,655/[238]
_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment