Sunday, June 20, 2010

sprinting is a pain in the butt (heel)

After last week's sprinting in the park with Mario, my plantar fasciitis flared up again! Argh. Stretching the gastroc and soleus helps reduce the soreness, as does rolling my foot over a dowel or golf ball. But, dang, I hate when the plantar fasciitis comes around.

Yesterday was too nice not to run out to the park again, so I did, slowly. Each step felt like treading on sharp pebbles under my heel so there was no sprinting, just shuffling. I shuffled a mile out to the park. I shuffled one turn around the track and then I hit the parallel and high bars. Even though I did weighted pull the day before, the lure of the exercise equipment was hard to resist.

-lever pull ups (3x6)
-dips (3x10)
-assisted single arm negs

In the evening, I took my dad out to see the Karate (Kung-Fu) Kid. I went in with some reservations, but ended up enjoying the film. Ralph Macchio, the original Karate Kid, always elicited an urge in me to punch him out. And Pat Morita's fakey Japanglish made my eye's roll. Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan fit the parts of protege and mentor much better, I thought. I ended up liking the film.

2 comments:

  1. I still have to catch that movie. Bummer on the plantar fasciitis. My brother has that also. I am flatfooted and so far it has never come up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wanted to hate the new KK but it turned out to be a pretty decent remake.

    Plantar fasciitis is a must miss.

    ReplyDelete