Monday, April 5, 2010

greatest show on the west side


Before I headed over to the Jacob Javits Convention Center for the New York Auto Show I did a quick routine of 100 kettlebell high-pulls. I'd procrastinated all morning so by the time I was scheduled to go I was left with just a few minutes for training. It was just as well. I don't think I had it in me for 200 high pulls.

There were some truly stunning cars at the show like the Lexus LFA, a supercar destined for a limited production run of 500 vehicles. I found myself gravitating to cars I could see myself driving on a daily basis. I glanced at the exotics and ran my fingers along the flanks of such cars as the Porsche Panamera and the Audi R8, but I was more interested in the rear seat space of the Mini Countryman (bucket seats in the rear!), storage space in the Volvo C30, view from the driver's seat of the VW GTI or Subaru WRX, or seating capacity of the Honda Odyssey.


No comments:

Post a Comment