Tuesday, April 20, 2010

day 5 of the weighted chin-ups program

It's day 5 of my weighted chin-ups density training program. Before I worked up to the weight of the 24 kg kettlebell, I used a combination of iron plates. It is so much easier to attach a 24 kg kettlebell to the dip-belt, compared to a stack of iron plates. In the past, the plates would abrade the nylon strap or make an annoying ruckus. Now, silence except for the sound of me grunting and wheezing.

It went like this, (5x4's) + (7x3's) for a total of 41 reps in 12 minutes. I used a mix of supinated and neutral grips. The rest of the workout consisted of shrugs & squats (3x12) and overhead presses (10, 11, 12). I like the simplicity of density training, so it's likely that I'll use it for the pressing and squats. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. yes, it started quite leisurely, but the density increased quite a bit suddenly...
    I like this workout Meguro!
    Osu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fred. What's interesting to me is the lack of soreness. This could put a nail in the coffin of "no pain, no gain." Of course, we'll have to see whether there is any appreciable gain.

    ReplyDelete