Monday, December 6, 2010

Twofer tuesdays

Actually, it's Monday, but I like the alliteration and I've got two workouts to post.

Friday's workout was the original Twofer Tuesday. It comprised 20 minutes of double kick combinations: 2x's hiza; low-high, mid-high, low-mid mawashi; mawashi, ushiro mawashi. You get the idea. Key to this workout was timing and rhythm. Sounds a lot like dancing, especially when done to music. That is what I did.

If you haven't noticed, fighting is a lot like dancing. Both fighting and dancing are partner events which require that you pick up cues and notice patterns of behavior. Get that down, and you are well on your way to predicting your opponent's next move, or better planning his move for him. When you're solo training or shadow boxing, crank up the tunes.

12/06/10
-Frankenstein (10 minutes of db squat-clean, push-press (or thruster) burpees)

I used the sweep second hand on my watch to time my rests (30 secs) between sets of three and completed 27 reps. It doesn't sound like a lot in 10 minutes, but I was well spent. The no-mas-ometer reads 3.6.

4,924/[187]

2 comments: