Friday, December 10, 2010

fair trade

I was thinking of the cultural largesse we receive from Japan in the form of Karate, Nintendo, Godzilla and anime, and felt slightly embarrassed with what we gave in return-PlanetHollywood? Pft! Today I can raise my head in pride. Japan, we give you, Hooters!
http://www.slate.com/id/2276982/

Coming off a cold, which put me out of commission for a few days, I wanted to ease back into training. Since one of my goals is to increase my capacity for thrusters and pull-ups (Fran), I thought I'd do a little bit of density training today. You know, ease into it.

12-10-10
-Set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes
-2 Frankensteins(2x24.7 kgs), 2 weighted pull-ups (24 kgs) on the minute

For the first 10 minutes, it looked like I would stick to the pace. I didn't notice a slackening of the pace until I looked at the remaining time and realized I was working at half the previous work rate. Cleaning and squatting the db's seemed to be my sticking point. Pressing the db's hardly was an issue-no leg drive, strict presses. The pull-ups were sloppy but complete. In the end I completed 30 reps of Frankensteins and weighted pull-ups.

Not the ease-back-into-it routine I envisioned, but it's good to be back. The no-mas-ometer reads 3.8. No mas. No mas.

4,954/[217]

No comments:

Post a Comment