Saturday, March 20, 2010

rambling




Just a few weeks ago, The East Coast was hit with record snow. This was the view from our apartment. The snow had accumulated nearly a foot when this photo was taken. Schools were closed. The United Nations shut down.

This week, the weather has changed quite dramatically. Tulip bulbs have not even sprouted and yet women are sunning themselves in bikinis on park benches. People are walking about in shorts and flip flops. Ah spring! Sorry, no pictures of said women. Just believe me.

With the change in the seasons, you might expect a change in my exercise routine. I suppose I'll be running more. I'm a fair weather runner to be honest. If I were preparing for a marathon, then of course I'd be battling the elements, but that's a long way off. I'm on the 10 year plan: a decade between marathons. I've got seven years to prepare for the 2017 so no hurry. In the meantime, I'll be working on my kettlebell technique, among other things.

I recently discovered a great kettlebell resource in Denis Kanygin. He has written a series of articles that have vastly improved my kb experience, particularly when it comes to grip transitions. Check him out here.


If you've been curious about my exercise routine, this was yesterday's:
-Burpees (50 in 3'20")
-OHP (7,9,9)
-squat (2x10)
-alternating single-arm roll-outs (kneeling)

The squats and overhead presses are intended to develop my core and shoulder stability, same with the single-arm rollouts. Today, it's more burpees & brushing up on kb clean & jerk technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment