Monday, May 7, 2012

tuck planche

My progress towards the Planche/Maltese on the floor was stalled by my inability to hold a tuck planche.  I would get intense cramping in my abs, specifically the top left bump of the six-pack.  It looked like a hard-boiled egg was implanted subcutaneously, and man did it hurt.  I encountered no such pain nor cramping when doing roll-outs, front lever progressions, or any other ab exercise.  It then occurred to me that some pretty taxing ab exercise usually preceded my tuck planche attempts.  Aha!  A thought bubble formed above my head.  Forget the intense warm-up, just do the tuck planches.  And so I did.

5-7-12
- single db C&P (2x5x5, 24 kgs)
- tuck planche holds (6x10 secs)

On Mondays I like to do squat cleans, but the thought of hoisting the 2 db's was unappealing today.  I grabbed a single db and performed alternating sets of 5 reps at a fast pace.  Before you knew it 50 reps had flown by, and I was breathing hard.  The tuck planches weren't so onerous by themselves.  How far away are advanced tuck and straddle planches I wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meguro

    Very curious about the progress of your TFCC injury? Has it healed and do you still wear the Wrist Widget?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I no longer wear the Wrist Widget. I wore it so often, it eventually shredded. My wrist has improved. I can do handstand push ups. I can do some lever exercises. I don't believe it will ever be back to 100%, then again my orthopedist couldn't guarantee a 100% recovery after surgery either.

      Delete